Job requisition number
Full-time / part-time
From 03/01/2021 to 04/01/2021
OverviewDo you enjoy the variety of providing outstanding customer service to internal and external clients coupled with administrative responsibilities? We have an opportunity for an administrative assistant to join our Claims Team in the Terrace area office. You’ll be responsible for providing work direction to support staff and assisting with office administration to facilitate effective operations while ensuring a high standard of customer service. If you have experience in office administration and can build rapport and confidence with a team, we’d like to hear from you.
What you'll do
As an administrative assistant you will:
- Provide work direction to support staff and ensure departmental work standards are maintained
- Orientate new employees to the office and arrange for and assist in the technical training of staff
- Assist the manager in the administration of the office by preparing reports, receiving incoming mail, and establishing and maintaining files and records
- Develop and implement changes in procedures and workflow
- Set up and maintain office systems and procedures including looking after supplies and equipment
- Assist the manager in recruitment testing
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for someone who can:
- Meet deadlines in a high-volume, multi-tasking, client-focused environment
- Liaise and communicate effectively with various clients including managers, staff, sub-contractors, and suppliers
- Use discretion, handle confidential and sensitive information, and resolve conflicts
- Identify opportunities to improve systems and processes; recommend solutions and refer issues as appropriate
- Motivate individuals and teams in the performance of their daily tasks to encourage a high level of customer service
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, to a variety of groups and individuals
Your experience and educational background:
- Completion of grade 12
- A minimum of three years of work experience in an administrative role where you supervised or provided work direction to staff and facilitated the effective operation of the office
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must type a minimum of 45 words per minute
Application Requirements: If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email HR Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive starting salary, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity. We invite applications from all qualified individuals, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you’re unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation of your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.